Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dr. Sketchy 4-19-09







Wow! The model was an aerial acrobat. The sixty second poses were done on a hoop suspended from the ceiling. The hoop rotated slowly, so really, they were split-second poses that changed continually while brain and hand scrambled to keep up. It took until the seventh or eight pose to get into the groove and then they were over after the tenth pose. I would have loved to continue with quick gesture drawings all night. During the first break I did a "real drawing" from the best gesture. I've never done that before and it felt good.

The adorable puppy, Riley, and the model's hands shifted several times during the thirty minute reclining pose, all the more challenge. I finally "grabbed" a pose from the puppy and left it at that. I regret that I did not capture the delicacy of her face. I can draw portrait, but haven't been able to pull it off during these sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment